Star Wars Episode VII & Fan Made Trailers

Its been a big hype since Disney/LucasFilms announced there will be a new sequel to the old trilogy. Lately I've been seeing quite a bit of fan made trailers out there, even which some have gone viral. My love for Star Wars has always been pretty big ever since I was a child. It will be very interesting to see J.J Abrams interpretation to Star Wars, obviously he will be working very close with George Lucas even though he did sell his franchise to Disney, you have to wonder how much input George Lucas will really have.

I know its been confirmed that the new Star Wars films will be shot in 35mm. There straying away from digital to give Star Wars the authentic look it provided back in the 70s & 80s. No doubt it will be very interesting to see, how much digital and modeled visual effects they will be using to achieve this retro look. Its also been confirmed Cinematographer Dan Mindel will also be on board with J.J Abrams, who also helped with Star Trek.  Also on 8/23 Cinematographer Gilbert Taylor who helped with the old Star Wars films passed away. He was 99 years old.



Now I couldn't help myself, but to make my own Star Wars Episode VII Fan Made Trailer. However I noticed one thing about Fan Made trailers, 100% of the time the footage's are from games and movies, such as The Old Republic, Star Wars The Force Unleashed, and the Star Wars Trilogies. I adore Filming, Animating and of course Visual Effects. So I implemented my passion into making my own original clips out of 3DS Max by Autodesk, to create my own unique Star Wars Episode VII Fan Made Trailer. The rendering definitely took over 40+ hours combined with all the clips, but it was worth it nonetheless. I was trying to focus on the aspect of Luke Skywalker after he's opened up the Jedi Academy 11 years after the Battle of Yavin, haunted by the death of his Father, Darth Vader. He's visited by an unlikely figure. 
 
If this is your first time, coming across my blog please visit www.youtube.com/cloudvisionpro for more videos and tutorials!

Comments

Popular Posts