My channel was demonetized for 24 Hours

Last week, my channel was demonetized for "reused content". I was so disappointed and heart broken and after receiving the email. I started looking on the internet to figure out exactly what happened.

YouTube is started to crack down on gaming channels, that are doing "capture, record, upload" style videos. So YouTube's algorithm is combing through every channel and demonetizing them if it seems your video is "Lazy".

After researching this, I tweeted the YouTube Team on twitter, they continued to "ignore me" so I continued to tweet @ them. Finally I e-mailed the YouTube Creator team, told them what happened.

They slapped me back with "this e-mail only supports 100k+ subscribers". I shot right back at them and stated: It shouldn't matter the size of my audience or channel, its still important to me and the YouTube Twitter team is not responding. I kid you not; 5 minutes later YouTube team on twitter replied to me.

I told them they wrongfully demonetized my channel and requested for a re-review.  My only option was to wait again 30 days to reapply for the YouTube Partnership program. Not going to happen, I upload Tutorials, Animations and VFX. My content is original and I put a lot of hard work and creativity for the price of pennies.

Shortly after they re monetized my account. Fight for what you believe in!


Comments

Popular Posts